PLEASE WATCH & SHARE WITH YOUR TEENS & TWEENS
It’s the most deadly and addictive drug,
and it’s everywhere..
VISION: A Safe and Healthy Beaverhead County
MISSION: To increase healthy opportunities and decrease substance misuse among youth through collaboration, education, and advocacy.
• Strategic: Implementing strategies to achieve short-term, intermediate, and long-term objectives for population-level and policy change.
• Prevention-Oriented: Making data-driven decisions to address local conditions and using evidence-based strategies to reduce substance use.
• Accountable: Transparent in financial operations and good stewards of resources, as well as the implementation of strategies with fidelity to meet set objectives.
• Safety-Focused: Provide substance-free activities for all youth in an environment that supports healthy lifestyle choices.
• Supportive: Modeling healthy behavior for youth.
• Knowledgeable: Members seek knowledge about the science of the impact of substances and trauma on the developing brain.
The goal of the coalition is to create a culture of health for youth and families that supports a lifestyle free of substance use and misuse. Our diverse membership includes representatives from every aspect of the community, including a youth coalition, composed of middle and high school students.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.~Benjamin Franklin~
“This website was developed in part under a grant number SPO 80750-01 from the Office of National Drug Control Policy and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of ONDCP, SAMHSA or HHS.”